Welcome to Soloviento! We are happy to share with you our love for the outdoors and our back-to-basics way of life. These clubhouse and campground rules and reminders were written to ensure everyone’s safety and enjoyment. We strive to keep a balance among homestyle rest-house comfort, respect for the environment, and respect for our fellow nature-loving guests.
Please abide by our house rules. We have the right to refuse entry.
1. Check-in and check-out time. We strive to have the rooms/rental campers available by 1:30 PM for guests staying the night. On the day that you are leaving, please vacate the rooms/rental campers by 12 noon so that the staff can prepare the room for subsequent guests. Guest who have cleared the rooms may still use the clubhouse and bathroom facilities, and may still purchase food and drinks from the kitchen.
2. Public garbage collection in Soloviento is limited: the garbage collectors in the area unfortunately only agree to collect PET bottles. Please bring home whatever trash you reasonably can, so that we do not have to resort to burning or burying trash. All glass bottles must be brought home. Kindly use the hanging garbage receptacles around the campground or the trash cans in the clubhouse/rooms for other trash that you do not bring home.
3. The clubhouse is a shared space. We hope to ensure that every group of guests has a place to sit, eat, and hang out. If your group is leaving the clubhouse for an extended period of time, please clear your things or consolidate them in one space so that other guests can also use the dining tables.
4. Guests are not allowed to bring outside meals, food, and drinks into Soloviento. We also do not allow cooking or grilling as well as “paluto” or “paihaw”. Meals may be ordered from the clubhouse kitchen, which is open from 7 AM to 9 PM. The kitchen is off-limits to guests.
5. The water from the faucets is not potable, but drinking water is available for free at the clubhouse. Other drinks may be bought from the clubhouse kitchen.
6. Quiet Time is from 10 PM to 7 AM. We would like all our guests to have a good night’s sleep, so please turn down music and minimize other loud noises during Quiet Time as well as on Good Friday. This being a bird sanctuary, please also refrain from using sky lanterns, guns (including air guns), fire crackers, and any equipment that makes sudden loud noises.
7. For everyone’s safety, campfires are only allowed in the designated fire pit. Please attend your fire at all times and completely extinguish it before leaving the pit.
8. There are no lifeguards on duty. Non-swimmers and children must wear life vests whenever they are near or in the lake. We are not responsible for any accidents that may occur in the water. Please keep an eye on your children at all times.
9. To keep our bathrooms clean for other users, please wash muddy feet or slippers at the footwash area before entering the communal bathrooms.
10. Pet policy. Small, well-trained dogs are allowed in Soloviento but limited to 1 per family/group. Please clean up after your dog. In consideration of present and subsequent guests, pets are not allowed in the clubhouse, nor in the rooms and rental campers. You may keep them on a leash by your tent campsite, outside your camper, or on the porch outside your room.
Thank you, and have a great stay with us!
(updated Feb 7, 2018)