SUP Tours with Soloviento
Experience an amazing new sport in the Philippines — Stand Up Paddle — amidst the natural beauty of Lake Caliraya in Laguna!
Stand-Up Paddle (SUP) is an offshoot of kayaking and surfing. Like a kayak, you’re primarily moving via paddle power. Like a surfboard, you’re standing on the board. It’s a physical challenge that allows you to explore rivers, lakes, inlets, and other bodies of water in a personal and intimate way.
Lake Caliraya as an SUP Destination
Lake Caliraya in Laguna has been recognized as one of the best spots in Luzon for watersports, with a fully equipped windsurfing and kiteboarding school already in operation. The advantage: the fact that it’s a lake with relatively flat water with no swells. This allows SUP to happen almost 12 months of the year.
Soloviento’s SUP Center
Soloviento uses some of the best SUP boards in the industry — by Australian manufacturer JP. In addition, our trainers are extremely familiar with Lake Caliraya, and can make sure you get the right instruction to get you started.
Soloviento also has room accommodations, a campsite, clean bathrooms and a fully functioning restaurant. You’ll never have to hop venues once you’re here.
Our SUP Tours
We currently have two SUP activities you can do:
SUP Intro (P1200.00)
- Learn how to stand up paddle.
- Go from a kneeling to standing position.
- Propel yourself.
- Steer and pilot the board.
- Safety basics: leashes and vests.
- Waived entrance fee to Soloviento
Tour #1 (P1200.00)
- A 90-minute SUP tour down one of Lake Caliraya’s “rivers”.
- Enter a quiet natural natural sanctuary.
- Spot birds.
- Glide past vacation houses behind the treeline.
- Dash back to shore.
- Strongly suggest you do the “Learning the Basics” session first.
- We may charge an additional P300/person for Tour #1 if the wind conditions are strong and you may be boated to a starting point.